The Bar of the Year Awards winners were announced last at a black tie awards ceremony in the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Celebrating excellence within the industry, 23 awards were presented, including the highly coveted overall Bar Of The Year. The are dedicated to raising the profile of the licensed trade and reminding consumers of the excellent service and quality that exists today within the licensed trade.
And for Kyteler’s Inn on St. Kieran’s Street, it was a case of the champions retaining their crown as they walked away with award for 2014 Tourist Bar Of The Year.
The Marble City Bar (Bar Food Of The Year, Leinster Bar of the Year), Langton’s (Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar, City Bar of the Year, Night Club Of The Year) were Kilkenny’s other representatives on the night through unsuccesful this year. Kyteler’s had also been in the running for Music Venue of the Year and Leinster Bar of the Year.
Richie Broaders (Langtons/Marble City Bar) also took away the award for Staff Personality of the Year.
Licensing World Bar Of The Year Award Winners 2014
- 2014 Bar of the Year – The Central Bar Navan Meath
- Bar Food of the Year – Flanagans Gastro Pub Mayo
- Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar- The Central Bar Navan Meath
- Best Use of Social Media – Sober Lane D4 Dublin
- City Bar of the Year – P.Mac’s Dublin
- Cocktail Bar of the Year sponsored by Bols – The Cornstore Limerick
- Country Bar of the Year – Fitzpatricks Bar and Restaurant Louth
- Craft Beer Bar of the Year sponsored by Molson Coors – Porterhouse Central Dublin
- Hotel Bar of the Year – The New Yorker Bar Cork
- Outside Space of the Year – The Terrace @ Dinn Rí Carlow
- Style Bar of the Year – The Liquor Rooms Dublin
- Staff Personality of the Year – Richie Broaders – Langton House Hotel/The Marble Kilkenny
- City Bar of the Year sponsored by Exclusive Blinds, Promoshades – P Mac’s, Dublin
- Tourist Bar of the Year – Kyteler’s Inn Kilkenny
- Bar Manager of the Year – Ivan King, The Shelbourne, Dublin
- Outstanding Customer Service Award sponsored by Heineken -Maple Bar Hotel Westport, Mayo
- Connacht Bar of the Year – Flanagan’s Gastro Pub Mayo
- Munster Bar of the Year sponsored by Spin Southwest – The Pepperstack Bistro @ Rosie’s Bar Cork
- Leinster Bar of the Year – Fitzpatrick’s Bar and Restaurant Louth
- Dublin Bar of the Year sponsored by Spin 103.8 – The Dropping Well Dublin
- Local Bar of the Year – The Old Orchard Inn Dublin
- Nightclub of the Year – The Foundry Nightclub Carlow
- Music Venue of the Year – The Palace Navan Meath